Thursday, March 22, 2012

Seven Lines for Luck

The prolific TONY NOLAND tagged me in a fun lucky seven post. Here are the rules, which I copied from Tony's post:

1. Go to page 77 in your current manuscript
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they are - no cheating
4. Tag 7 other authors (Done on Facebook)

Here's my 7 lucky lines, from CLOSER TO NORMAL, my completed novel currently making the rounds.

The night before she died, an odd, sad noise had woken me, Pumpkin meowing to come in. When I snuck from bed, the cat lay curled outside my door, asleep. From downstairs, my father’s voice soothed, “Tomorrow. Tomorrow, darling, I promise.” I remember wondering what would happen the next day, what promise he was making to Mom. I crept back to bed, too excited to sleep – tomorrow Mom would be better.

But the next morning she wasn’t better. Daddy tucked pink linens around her wasted body.


It's fun to follow the meme, get a few tantalizing tidbits of folks' longer works.

Thanks for tagging me, Tony! off to find my seven 'victims'! Peace...

6 comments:

  1. Nice! Glad to hear you're looking for a publisher. I've always enjoyed your works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The depth of emotion you display in those seven lines is outstanding. I so wish to read the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun! And, like Laurita says, those lines are outstanding! Publishers will be koo-koo not to snap it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for reading! I got lucky on thise 7 lines--page 76 would not have been so much fun.

    Call me old fashioned, but I am trying the agent route first. I'm in no rush. Peace...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I told Cathy - this meme is such a damn tease. Couldn't we at least have the whole page? Come on!

    ReplyDelete